Date:June 20, 2014 4:42 pm
Since Johnny Ray’s was first opened in 1953, our name has stood for excellence in food, quality and service. Everyone thinks his or her mother is the best cook in the world, so that’s why we say, “Next to home it’s Johnny Ray’s.” The first Johnny Ray’s was opened in 1953 in the Roebuck Shopping Center. This was the “Original” Johnny Ray’s up until 1985 when Johnny Ray moved the family owned business to Valley Avenue in Birmingham. Today there are 4 Johnny Ray’s locations including Chelsea, Colonnade, Oak Mountain, and Pelham.